Sash Window Facts
Upgrading sash windows with a unique draught proofing system that will not detract from the appearance of the windows will save money long term and add value to your home.
More heat is lost from leakage through the gaps around sash windows than can be saved by trying to double-glaze your existing sashes, which in many cases won’t be possible anyway.
A 1mm gap around a window measuring 1.8 metres by 1.2 metres equates to a gap of over 11 square inches!
This compares to the size of a letter box. In our experience, the average gap is more than 1mm. This underlines the importance and resulting benefits of having your sash windows professionally draught proofed.
Installing purpose made draught proofing will stop the sashes rattling, conserve heat and reduce your heating bills. It has been estimated that the payback time for the cost of draught proofing is as little as 5 years whilst double glazing can be between 60 and 100 years.
• Repairs and renovations will be carried out to a high standard, which can include replacement of broken glass and missing putty.
• The reduction of air leaking means less hot air going out and less cold coming in therefore reducing uncomfortable draughts. A study commissioned by English Heritage found that air infiltration through a sash window can be reduced by as much as 86% by adding draught proofing.
• Your windows will no longer rattle.
• There will be a noticeable reduction in noise and dust ingress.
• This method is approved by English Heritage and local authority conservation officers.
• By using this system you will not have desecrated your home with plastic windows.
• Finally and perhaps most importantly YOU WILL SAVE MONEY.